Harrison Barnes is 4th Sacramento Kings player to test positive for COVID-19 – KCRA Sacramento

thumbnail

>> BACK TO OUR CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE. AND SOME SOME NEW INFORMATION FROM THE SACRAMENTO KINGS LATE — THE TEAM IS NOW IN ORLANDO IN WHAT’S BEEN DUBBED THE BUBBLE. AS THE NBA PREPARES TO RE-START THEIR SEASON. IN A CONFERENCE CALL ABOUT AN HOUR AGO KINGS HEAD COACH LUKE WALTON SAYING 35 MEMBERS OF THE TEAM INCLUDING PLAYERS AND STAFF WERE SUPPOSED TO MAKE THE TRIP. HOWEVER, FOUR OF THEM WERE HELD BACK BECAUSE THEY DID NOT MEET THE NBA’S PROTOCOL FOR PREVENTING COVID-19. COACH WALTON WOULD NOT SAY IF THEY ARE PLAYERS OR MEMBERS OF THE STAFF OR IF THEY MAY JOIN THE TEAM LATER ON. THE KINGS ARE SCHEDULED TO RETURN TO THE HARDWOOD ON THE

Harrison Barnes is 4th Sacramento Kings player to test positive for COVID-19

Harrison Barnes announced Tuesday he tested positive for COVID-19, making him the fourth Sacramento Kings player confirmed to have contracted the virus.Barnes posted on Twitter that prior to the team leaving last week for Orlando, he tested positive for coronavirus. He said he’s been primarily asymptomatic and is feeling well.”I’m quarantined and am abiding by the safety protocol until I’m cleared for action,” Barnes said on Twitter. “I hope to join my team in Orlando when it is safe to do so!”Before heading to join his team in Orlando, Barnes will need to test negative for coronavirus twice in a row, and then pass separate NBA protocols.Jabari Parker, Buddy Hield and Alex Len also tested positive for COVID-19 in June. Hield and Parker are already in Orlando, but Len has not yet arrived.The Kings confirmed July 5 that they shut down their practice facility after a member of their traveling party tested positive for COVID-19.

Harrison Barnes announced Tuesday he tested positive for COVID-19, making him the fourth Sacramento Kings player confirmed to have contracted the virus.

Barnes posted on Twitter that prior to the team leaving last week for Orlando, he tested positive for coronavirus. He said he’s been primarily asymptomatic and is feeling well.

“I’m quarantined and am abiding by the safety protocol until I’m cleared for action,” Barnes said on Twitter. “I hope to join my team in Orlando when it is safe to do so!”

Before heading to join his team in Orlando, Barnes will need to test negative for coronavirus twice in a row, and then pass separate NBA protocols.

Jabari Parker, Buddy Hield and Alex Len also tested positive for COVID-19 in June. Hield and Parker are already in Orlando, but Len has not yet arrived.

The Kings confirmed July 5 that they shut down their practice facility after a member of their traveling party tested positive for COVID-19.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back To Top