ABU DHABI – The fighters took to the scale at the host hotel on Yas Island ahead of UFC on ESPN 13 with three athletes failing to make weight during a drawn-out session ahead of Wednesday night’s fights.
The main event was made official early in the session, with Calvin Kattar and Dan Ige both making weight with ease for their featherweight headliner, while the co-main event between Ryan Benoit and Tim Elliott was also confirmed with both men hitting the flyweight mark with no issues.
There were a few weight misses further down the card, however. Abdul Razak Alhassan missed the welterweight limit by three pounds for his main card opener against Mounir Lazzez, while Chris Fishgold came in three pounds over the featherweight limit for his preliminary card bout against Jared Gordon. Both Alhassan and Fishgold are expected to forfeit a percentage of their fight purse to their respective opponents.
While two fighters missed their mark on the scale, Norwegian light heavyweight Kenneth Bergh’s UFC debut will have to wait for his octagon debut after suffering issues during his weight cut. As a result, his fight night opener against fellow debutant Jorge Gonzalez has been scratched from the card. Gonzalez, for his part, made weight for the matchup.
There was a nervous weight for the final fighter to weigh in, with Welsh middleweight John Phillips taking almost all of the two-hour window to complete his cut. But, after making use of the towel, “The Welsh Wrecking Machine” hit the 186-pound middleweight limit with a broad grin to lock in his participation in the featured preliminary bout of the night against Russia’s Khamzat Chimaev.
The full UFC on ESPN 13 weigh-in results include:
MAIN CARD (ESPN, ESPN+, 10 p.m. ET)
- Calvin Kattar (146) vs. Dan Ige (145)
- Ryan Benoit (126) vs. Tim Elliott (125)
- Jimmie Rivera (145) vs. Cody Stamann (145)
- Molly McCann (125) vs. Taila Santos (125)
- Abdul Razak Alhassan (174*) vs. Mounir Lazzez (171)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN, ESPN+, 7 p.m. ET)
- John Phillips (186) vs. Khamzat Chimaev (186)
- Lerone Murphy (146) vs. Ricardo Ramos (145)
- Modestas Bukauskas (205) vs. Andreas Michailidis (206)
- Chris Fishgold (149*) vs. Jared Gordon (145)
- Diana Belbita (125) vs. Liana Jojua (126)
- Aaron Phillips (135) vs. Jack Shore (136)
- Kenneth Bergh (OUT) vs. Jorge Gonzalez (205)
* Fighter missed weight and will forfeit a percentage of their fight purse to their opponent.